Whoever said you can't have cookies for breakfast?! These simple and easy Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies are filled with nutritious whole food ingredients for the perfect nourishing breakfast, snack, or dessert!
Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
I love a good classic chocolate chip cookie, but wanted to put my spin on this iconic baked good and came up with these Banana Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies! They’re extra-crunchy from chocolate chips and walnuts, with a soft and moist center, for an indulgent-yet-healthy dessert or snack. If you have an abundance of bananas, this recipe is also a creative and yummy way to use your ripe bananas. Baking can be intimidating, but I assure you this recipe is easy-to-follow and a fun activity for the whole family!
These cookies are more of an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, since I use both rolled oats and 310 Vanilla Creme to add more volume and thickness to the batter. Oats provide you with soluble fiber which aids digestion while 310 Vanilla Creme offers plant-based proteins to promote satiety. I wanted to create cookies that were not only tasty, but a source of healthy fuel for your body as well. Grab one (or two) of these cookies for a healthy snack or dessert any time of the day!
What You Need to Make this Recipe
You only need five ingredients to make these yummy cookies: 310 Vanilla Creme, rolled oats, ripe bananas, walnuts, and dark chocolate chips. As I mentioned previously, they are super simple to put together!
310 Vanilla Creme
Rather than using regular processed white flour, I use 310 Vanilla Creme for its flavor and abundance of nutrients. This meal replacement shake is already naturally-sweetened with Stevia and monk fruit, so there's no need for any additional sugars. With 310 Vanilla Creme you can easily increase your daily protein intake while satisfying your sweet tooth at the same time! Whether you’re making a shake, smoothie, oatmeal, or baked goods, 310 Vanilla Creme can be incorporated for a boost of nutrition.
Want more reasons to love 310 Organic Vanilla? See below!
- Formulated with quality vegan and organic ingredients
- Free from sugar, soy, gluten, dairy, and GMOs
- Contains a blend of superfoods, probiotics, adaptogens, and digestive enzymes
- 15g of plant-based proteins from pumpkin, brown rice, and pea
Ways to “Shake Up” this Recipe
Per usual, it’s time to shake up this recipe with some of my favorite alternative ingredients! These are just some variations I’ve tried, but customize it to your liking to make this recipe your own.
- Add walnut or almond butter
- Omit chocolate chips
- Use 310 Chocolate Bliss for a double chocolate chip cookie flavor
- Use vegan chocolate chips for a completely vegan version
I enjoy the taste of walnuts in these cookies, but you can also use almonds, peanuts, or macadamia nuts!
For the full recipe and instructions, keep reading!
- 1 scoop 310 Vanilla Creme
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel bananas, transfer to a bowl and mash.
- Add 310 Organic Vanilla and oats. Mix well then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter out about 2 tbsp at a time. Roll into a ball, place on the baking tray, and slightly flatten with your palm.
- Repeat until batter is gone.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Serving Size: 1 cookie (recipe makes about 8 cookies)
- 110 calories
- 15g carbs
- 12g net carbs
- 3g fiber
- 4g fat
- 4g protein
What are your favorite baking recipes using 310 Shake? Let us know in the comments below for a chance to be featured!
Like this recipe? Check out other delicious, nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!