While you’ve undoubtedly heard of turmeric – the prized spice that gives a beautiful golden hue to various food dishes – did you know that it can also be enjoyed in your beverages? Lately, turmeric has risen in popularity due to its high antioxidant content –mainly from the most powerful component within it, called curcumin.
Though many dishes including curry utilize this magnificent spice, you can reap the potential benefits of it even more fully when you take advantage of different types of turmeric supplements. In this article, we’ll go over some of these potential health benefits, and how to fit the spice into your daily dietary routine so you can experience rewards – for your total wellness and your taste buds!
What Is Turmeric?
Turmeric is a plant that grows underground and looks similar to ginger root. India is the largest producer of this food, and you can find it included in many Asian dishes. When ground into a powder, turmeric has an earthy, slightly bitter taste with a hint of spice. It’s deep flavor makes it a favorite in many curry powders and recipes.
What Are the Potential Health Benefits of Turmeric?
1) Supports Reduced Inflammation
Due to the main active ingredient in turmeric – an antioxidant called curcumin – it’s well known and well-studied for helping to reduce inflammation in the body.
Chronic inflammation is a major cause of imbalance and can even lead to serious diseases if left unchecked. It may also cause discomfort throughout the body, such as contributing to joint pain. Since curcumin and therefore turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, it has been studied for helping with various health problems by working to help reduce inflammation.
In this way, adding turmeric into your diet or taking it in the form of a supplement may support joint, brain, heart health, and more.
2) Provides Immune-Supporting Antioxidants
Turmeric is rich in powerful antioxidants, with again the most potent being curcumin. Antioxidants can be seen as protective “good guys” in the body that work to help you stay well. They may help fight off excess free radicals, or unstable molecules that can also lead to imbalance or disease.
A diet that’s rich in antioxidants can help support the immune system, keeping internal defenses strong against foreign invaders, including bacteria and illness.
3) Promotes Good Brain Health
Along with supporting reduced inflammation in the body and brain, turmeric may also help keep the brain healthy by supporting good memory and mood. It’s been shown that curcumin may boost levels of a certain brain hormone called BDNF. And come common brain disorders, like depression and even memory disorders have been linked to decreased levels of this hormone.
How To Use Turmeric:
There are different ways to enjoy and experience the benefits of turmeric, and we’re going to highlight our favorites. Though you can certainly sprinkle the spice, turmeric, onto your food and include it in recipes, another option is to take a daily turmeric supplement.
To reap the most potential rewards from turmeric, you can take it in a concentrated form in a daily capsule. Due to the powerful inflammation-fighting properties and antioxidants in turmeric, these supplements are often taken to support immune, joint, brain, digestive, and total body health.
In addition, due to the ability of turmeric to help reduce inflammation in the body, it may help support your weight loss goals. The spice also contains thermogenic, or heat inducing properties that may rev up the body’s metabolism and support calorie-burning.
Why Take 310 Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine®?
Not all turmeric supplements are created equal, and you want to make sure you’re getting the most for your money.
Here’s what makes 310 Turmeric Capsules unique…
- Convenient daily supplement – Just take 1 capsule up to 3 times daily with water, (or 1 at each meal). Great for travel and keeping with you on-the-go.
- Contains 95% curcuminoids – This supplement contains the max potency of the most rewarding property and antioxidant in turmeric – curcumin – for increased results.
- Includes 10mg of black pepper fruit extract (BioPerine®) for better absorption. Typically, curcumin is known to be difficult for the body to absorb, but studies show that combining the spice with black pepper helps increase the bioavailability, or uptake, and therefore potential results from taking it.
Another way to enjoy this spice daily is with a delicious turmeric powder. You may not realize it, but turmeric isn’t just for use in foods… you can also enjoy it in your drinks!
If you’ve never heard of Golden Milk, it’s a super-yummy and warming beverage that contains immune-supporting herbs, featuring turmeric as the star ingredient. The drink can be made by heating up your choice of milk and adding the spices or ingredients of your choice, then mixing until combined.
Why 310 Golden Milk?
While you can make your own Golden Milk from scratch, 310 Golden Milk offers you an absolutely delicious short cut that you can easily whip up in seconds! And you won’t have to worry about having all the ingredients on hand to make it.
Some of the unique benefits of 310 Golden Milk include…
- Amazing taste – Just one sip and you’ll be won over by both the naturally-sweet and ultra-creamy taste of this indulgent drink. With coconut for a rich, satisfying texture, and cinnamon, ginger and organic Stevia Leaf for real dessert flavor – it’s an extremely rewarding, wellness-promoting beverage.
- Contains 5 powerful herbs – Unlike some other Golden Milk drinks that contain just turmeric and one or two other spices, the 310 blend includes 5 health-supporting herbs: turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, maca root, and cayenne pepper. It also includes coconut for healthy fats and additional immune support.
- Organic, Vegan, and Gluten-Free – Not only is this sweet-and-savory drink a powerhouse of ingredients for total wellness, it’s also organic and fits into vegan and gluten-free dietary plans.
- Only 20 Calories and NO Sugar – This delicious golden turmeric drink is also great for your weight loss and health goals. There’s only 20 calories per serving, with NO sugar OR artificial sweeteners. Instead, it’s sweetened naturally with plant-based Stevia.
- Keto & Paleo-Friendly – Since this drink is also very low in carbs at only 1g per 1 scoop serving, it fits perfectly into keto and low-carb dietary plans. And since it contains all clean ingredients with no extra additives, it also fits into paleo diets.
- Easy to make in seconds – You can skip the extra preparation in making your turmeric drink with 310 Golden Milk. To make it, all you have to do is heat your milk of choice, add in the powder, mix and enjoy!
What Pairs Well With Turmeric?
Looking to add turmeric into your daily routine, either in supplement or powder form? Wondering what else goes well to support total body health and vitality? Check out our suggestions for items that pair especially well with turmeric…
- Collagen Powder – This important protein powder also supports healthy joints, as well as healthy skin, bones, digestive health and more. Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body, but your production of it slows as you age. Therefore, taking this premium powder can help replenish it, and support feeling your best. You can also add 310 Collagen Powder into your Golden Milk lattes.
- 310 Organic Shake – Take a break from warm drinks and enjoy your 310 Golden Milk in shake form instead! Add it into a smoothie recipe with 310 Organic Shake (in the flavor of your choice), and other healthy ingredients. The Golden Milk will add a warm, earthy, spicy-sweet taste to your drinks.
- Probiotic Capsules – Taking a daily probiotic is also a great way to support your gut, brain, and total body health. Learn more about this premium probiotic and then take a daily capsule alongside 310 Turmeric Capsules or with your 310 Shake.
- Digestive Enzymes – This specially-selected enzyme blend can help sidestep digestive problems by assisting with proper food breakdown, and allowing you to reap the most nutrients from your meals. It makes a great daily supplement in combo with Turmeric Capsules or Golden Milk.
Turmeric Frequently Asked Questions:
1) What are the benefits of Turmeric Curcumin with black pepper?
Wondering if you’ll benefit more from turmeric if you also have it along with black pepper? Research suggests that certain ingredients, (black pepper in particular), can enhance the bioavailability of turmeric, making it much easier to absorb into your system. This is exactly why 310 Turmeric Capsules includes 10mg of black pepper fruit extract (BioPerine®) for enhanced absorption.
2) Do turmeric pills work?
As mentioned, not all turmeric supplements are created equal. While they do provide a concentrated dose of the spice, turmeric – and therefore the active and beneficial antioxidant, curcumin – the absorption potential of each supplement will differ. To experience the most potential benefits, choose a turmeric supplement that includes a black pepper extract, like 310 Turmeric, for the best bioavailability into your body.
3) What are the benefits of turmeric and honey?
Both turmeric and honey contain anti-inflammatory properties, so they can support great immunity, clear skin, good digestive health and more. Add some raw, local honey into your 310 Golden Milk to experience the power of both amazing ingredients at once!
Interested in learning more about the most powerful ingredients to add into your daily diet?! Check out the 310 Nutrition Blog for our ingredient-based article series so you can be empowered to choose the best health products for you.