We're putting a healthy twist on pasta night with this zoodle bolognese recipe! Gluten-free and dairy-free, it's a nutritious and delicious dish that everyone can enjoy.
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb ground beef, grass-fed
- 1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 2 large zucchinis, spiralized
- Optional: fresh basil for garnish and flavor
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Once warm, add the onion and cook 3-5 minutes until translucent. Add in the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the beef into pan with the onions and garlic. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, breaking up the meat as it cooks, until meat has browned.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Turn heat to low/medium, cover, and allow mixture to cook for about 30 minutes until the liquid has absorbed.
- While mixture is cooking, add remaining olive oil to a separate pan and heat to medium/high. Once warm, add the zucchini noodles and saute for about 2 minutes until warmed.
- Serve bolognese sauce over zoodles and enjoy!
What is your favorite pasta dish? Let us know in the comments below and we will recreate it with a healthy twist!
Looking for more healthy recipes? Check out other delicious nutritionist-approved 310 Nutrition recipes here!